Hebrews 10:19-31 (NIV)
It makes life wonderful and more enjoyable when you have the assurance that:
- Your sins are covered in the blood of Christ v.19, 20, 29 (sins are forgiven)
- Your sins are cleared from your own conscience v.22 (sins are forsaken)
Life is dreadful when you don’t have this assurance because the Bible tells us in verses 30-31 that the Lord will judge His people and it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
When you deliberately (willingly & intentionally) sin as a child of God, the Bible says you better have a fearful expectation of judgment (v.27) because you have:
- Trampling on the Son of God v.29
- Insulted the Spirit of Grace v.29
Life can either be wonderful or dreadful, it depends on what you do with your faith and sin.
1. Holding unswervingly to the hope you profess v.23
2. Deliberately continuing to sin v.26