2 Chronicles 30:1-12, 21-27 (NIV)
King Hezekiah was a righteous king that sought the Lord and made his main focus to restore the children of Israel to a right relationship with the Lord and to restore their worship. In this chapter, Hezekiah is calling the people back to observe the Passover that they had not observed in a long time. In Hezekiah’s call to the people to be obedient to the Lord and to prepare for the Passover, we see reasons why people are not obedient to the Lord even when those that are obedient are experiencing great joy.
Why do people miss out on the greatest joy of being obedient to the Lord?
- People are careless or procrastinate in being obedient to the Lord. (v.3)
- People drift away from the Lord and serving Him. (v.6-7)
- People are too stubborn to see the need to be obedient. (v.8)
- People fear how others will react to their obedience. (v.10)
- People think that some acts of obedience are just out of date.
As Hezekiah did in verse 22, let me encourage you to just be obedient to the Lord!