This video https://youtu.be/U7eodAGKBJc reminds us how our thinking can turn into stinking thinking. In the scriptures that we are looking at in Ephesians 4:17-24 we learn that we should no longer walk or live in this type of thinking, but renew the spirit of our mind.
The word spirit in Ephesians 4, comes from the word pneuma which means the breath of life or the influence. The Bible is telling us that we need to make new or change what is breathing life or influencing our way of thinking. To change our attitude about life. To change our thinking from stinking thinking to thinking like Christ, which is positive and productive thinking.
Let’s read Ephesians 4:17-24 and then see what the Bible tells us about renewing our thinking.
- What influences stinking thinking?
- Satan influences stinking thinking. The scriptures talk about darkened thoughts and the Bible teaches us in 2 Cor. 4:4 that Satan is the one that blinds us and darkens our understanding.
- Self-centeredness influences stinking thinking. When we feel like circumstances have ruined our lives or we feel like a failure, it develops stinking thinking.
- How do we change stinking thinking?
- Christ-centered thinking is the answer. Rom. 12 tells us that we are to prove the perfect will of God.
- Clear positive thinking is the answer. Phil. 4 tells us to think on good and pure thoughts.
- Why do we need to worry about stinking thinking?
- Stinking thinking defeats our purpose in life. God has a purpose for you and stinking thinking will prevent you from seeing and achieving God’s purpose for you.
- Stinking thinking destroys what is good all around us. Some of us are struggling with an attitude of worthlessness. “I stink.” Others of us are struggling with an attitude towards others. “You stink.” Some of us are struggling with an attitude of bitterness. “Life stinks.”
If you want to go into this year with a good foundation, then change any stinking thinking into positive, productive thinking. Let’s get rid of the attitude of I stink; You stink; life stinks!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:46 — 71.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More