Luke 23:26-27, 32-43 (NKJV)
We all have points in our lives that we feel like we’d like to get a fresh start, a new beginning. In today’s scripture, we find a man, a criminal, that is at a point in his life that it seems everything is coming to an end, until he encounters Jesus and finds it is just the beginning. Jesus speaks directly to the criminal and with eight words, brings everything to a change that will give him the new beginning like never before.
Let’s look at the eight words of Jesus directly to the criminal and break it down to five life changing realities.
- Today – Now! Not yesterday, which would be something that you missed. Not tomorrow, something that you will have to wait for. It’s today! The Lord has something for you now. Today!
- You – It’s personal! The Lord was speaking directly to the criminal and offering him the new beginning. Just like today, the Lord is offering you a new beginning for your personal life.
- Will be – It’s a promise! When the Lord says that something will be changing, he says it in the since that it is already in place. He has already set it in motion. Ready for you to take the next step.
- With me – Guided by the Lord! He will not leave you hanging. He will be with you all the way to guide you to a change.
- In paradise – Somewhere better! When you think of paradise, you are usually thinking of what is the best it could be. The Lord offers to you today a change to something better. Better than it’s been.
Are you ready today to receive the New Beginning that the Lord already has in place for you? It’s up to you to receive it today!